Monday, January 23, 2012

Camera Strap Cover

I have been wanting to make my camera strap a bit more snazzy and found a simple idea for one on Design Sponge.  You can check it out here.  

I measured the width of my camera strap and then added a 1/2 inch.
Then I measured the length and added an inch.
Cut out your strip and you're ready to press and sew.

As seen below, fold up the end 1/4 inch and then 1/4 inch again and press.  Then sew across.  Do the same to the opposite end of the strip.
 Next, fold the strip in half, right sides together and sew a 1/4 inch seam down the long side:  
 Press the seam open:
 Turn the tube right side out, and slip your camera strap right on in.  Done!  

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's cool!
    Instead of making an completly new camera strap, you're just covering the old one!
    Gonna try this out :)

    ReplyDelete